Monday, December 15, 2008

A visit to the Jencks side of town


Carol came up with the idea.  She said she wanted to take mom to see her brother Harold, who she hadn't seen in many, many years.  I of course said "I want to go too."  Then we made Lisa go (against her will since we had to actually take a plane to get to California).

It was a fabulous trip... old people crying, pushing old people around in wheelchairs, eating at 4:00 (old people time), taking old people to visit even older people, and lots of talking about the good old days.

Now all kidding aside, it was a dream to see these people again, it had probably been 30 years ago that I last saw any of them.  My Aunt Kathe and Uncle Harold are like idols to me.  When I was with them it was like I was 7 years old again.  I was in awe of them growing up.  For me, going to their house was like going to a castle.  They lavished expensive presents on me and generally pampered me to no end.  I remember when I was young thinking that my Jencks cousins were the coolest people on the planet, and if truth be told, they still are.

I hope it is not another 30 years until I get to visit them again (because then I will be OLD).


              Brother and Sister

Aunt Kathe leaving to play bridge with friends.  Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen on three wheels?

Cousins
Lisa, Jane, Laurie, Lance, Melinda, Carol
Kathe, Harold, Unity

2 comments:

Jessica A said...

Mom that is a great post! You need to put some more pictures of your trip up here soon! I am so glad that you all got to go on such a great trip.

Alanya/Ally said...

I'm jealous you got to go to California! I just posted on Jessica's blog that I was complaining about our 20 degree weather... Love the pics! That one of brother and sister made me laugh. He must like to show skin! :) Ha, ha! BTW, thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't wait to see you soon!