Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Congratulations Colonel Rasmussen

Jay spent the last year attending the National War College in Washington D.C.  It was a great experience for him and we are so glad that he was given that opportunity.  About a week before graduation he was promoted to Colonel.  We had a really nice ceremony at the War College.  We were excited to have General Carpenter come to promote Jay.  He and Jay have worked together many times, and Jay greatly admires and respects him.

I guess since this is my personal blog I can take a minute to express my love and appreciation for Jay.  He is everything to me.  He loves his family, he is a worthy priesthood holder, and he loves his country.   I don't think the kids or I will ever know all the sacrifices he has made for us.  He truly puts us first in every career decision he has to make.  I am grateful every day that of all those girls on campus in 1981 he chose me.

General Carpenter saying a few words about Jay   

Promotion orders are read to the audience

Changing his rank

Julie and Jake changing his rank on his shirt

Oath of office

Jay giving a few remarks

Receiving line (Julie's comment "I am not doing this at my wedding!")

My guys outside the War College back when Jordan was here


2 comments:

Jessica A said...

I was almost in tears reading and seeing this. I am so proud of dad and wish I could have been there. It is an honor to have him as my dad. I love him so much!

Julie H. said...

Congrats!